The plugin automates deployment of Java JAR/WAR/EAR applications to Heroku. This is the workflow we encourage you to use:
- Maven compiles, tests, checks, and packages an app into WAR/JAR file;
- maven-deploy-plugin deploys it into repository;
- jcabi-heroku-maven-plugin clones Heroku Git repo into ./target/heroku directory;
- pom.xml and settings.xml are being generated in the local Git repo, using data from the Maven project and configured settings;
- Procfile is being copied from plugin configuration into the local Git repo;
- jcabi-heroku-maven-plugin commits and pushes changes to Heroku;
- Heroku runs mvn clean test install and WAR/JAR file is being downloaded by maven-dependency-plugin into the root directory of the application;
- Heroku runs the application as specified in Procfile;
- jcabi-heroku-maven-plugin reports the app status and fails the build if it's not OK.
Pay attention to this feature: preboot.
See Usage page.